Try our new free-range chicken recipe, made from 100% New Zealand free-range chicken, organs and green-lipped mussel. All farms are independently audited and certified as humane and free range, and our chickens are ethically raised without added hormones or growth promotants, resulting in both a nutritious and highly palatable pet food for your cat.
Ziwi does not use glycerin, yield enhancers, artificial gelling agents, fillers, or sweeteners in our recipes.
- Chicken is the number one protein fed globally to cats. Our recipe contains over 92% meat, organs, bone, and green lipped mussels all sourced from accredited New Zealand free-range farms, fully balanced with all the necessary vitamins and minerals.
- Cans are BPA-free. No TSPP, Carrageenan, or artificial gelling agents used.
- Provides all the essential fatty acids like Omega-3, Omega-6, and Taurine which cats are unable to produce themselves. Due to the large quantities of meat, organs, and seafood in our canned cat recipes, adding supplemental taurine is not necessary.
- Limited Ingredient Diet – High meat content recipe with added essential vitamins and minerals for a complete and balanced diet.
- We use only 100% New Zealand Free Range Chicken meat and organs. All chickens are raised without added hormones, chemicals or growth promotants. The free-range chicken used in our recipe provides an excellent source of protein.
- Our free-range chickens are never force-fed or raised in barns, and all chickens can forage freely outside at will, resulting in higher quality and better tasting meat.
- All of our free-range chicken farms are independently audited and certified as humane and free range.
- Includes 3% New Zealand green-lipped mussel, a great natural source of glucosamine and chondroitin.
- Includes chicory, kelp, and parsley, plus essential vitamins and minerals for a balanced diet.
- Chicken is a great choice for cats who are sensitive to red meats.
- Each can of Ziwi Peak is retort-cooked in its own sterile container to preserve the nutritional integrity of the raw ingredients.
|Calorie Content (calculated)||
1325 kcal ME/kg | 245 kcal ME/185g can | 113 kcal ME/85g can
Feed daily as a complete and balanced meal according to instructions on the label, or mix in with dry food and other types of food as a meal mixer or topper.
Wet food is a good option for cats who do not drink water frequently or sufficiently.
If this food is new to your cat, gradually introduce into his or her diet by mixing in small portions of the new food with the current food.
This should take at least 1 week to do so (eg. mix 20% of new food with 80% of the current food for the first two, 40% of the new food with 60% of the current food for the next two, and so on).
Do note that the transition period can take up to a month if your cat:
- Has a sensitive stomach.
- Has only been on one or few types of cat food formulas in his or her life.