Revolution (selamectin) is the safe, simple way to protect your dog from heartworms,
- Protects your pet from heartworms, fleas, and ear mites, among other foreign invaders
- Fights both internal and surface parasitic infections
- Treats mange
- Only administered once a month
- Safe and easy to use
Revolution works by penetrating the skin and entering your pet's bloodstream. Concentrations of selamectin, the active ingredient, in the tissue and bloodstream prevent heartworm disease. Selamectin also redistributes into the skin from the bloodstream and kills adult fleas, American dog ticks, and ear mites, and prevents flea eggs from hatching. It is also an anthelmintic, which means it fights to expel parasitic worms. Parasites ingest the drug when they feed on the animal's blood.
Revolution for Dogs 10.1-20 lbs:
Active Ingredient (per single dose tube) Amount
Selamectin ..........................60 mg
Directions of use
* Hold tube upright.
* Press cap down until a click is heard (cap punctures applicator seal).
* Remove cap and check to be sure tip of tube is open.
* Part hair at base of neck and place tip of tube on visible skin area.
* Squeeze tube 3 or 4 times in one spot until empty. Keep tube squeezed to avoid drawing liquid back into tube. While keeping tube squeezed, drag it away from liquid and lift up to remove.
* Ensure tube is empty.
* The recommended minimum dose is 2.7 mg selamectin per pound (6 mg/kg) of body weight, applied according to the following tables.
* For dogs more than 130 pounds, the appropriate combination of color-coded tubes is used.
Tip: Revolution is quick drying. The pet can be bathed 2 or more hours after applying. It is recommended to apply Revolution in dogs and puppies 6 weeks and older.
Pet Weight Dosage
10.1-20 lbs Apply contents of 1 tube once a month (Brown Box)
* Prior to administration, dogs should be tested for existing heartworm infections. At the discretion of the veterinarian, infected dogs should be treated to remove adult heartworms.
* While the number of circulating adult D. immitis microfilariae may decrease following treatment, Revolution is not effective for microfilariae clearance.
* In humans, may be irritating to skin and eyes.
* In studies, less than 1% of dogs experienced digestive upset.
* Do not use in sick, debilitated or underweight animals.
* Flammable. Keep away from heat, sparks or open flame.
* Keep out of reach of children.
* Federal law restricts this drug to use by or on the order of a licensed veterinarian.
Revolution (selamectin) is generally well-tolerated. In studies, less than 1% of dogs experienced digestive upset. Do not use in sick, weak or underweight animals.