Revolution (selamectin) is approved for:
* Use in dogs 6 weeks of age or older against the following parasites: adult fleas, flea eggs, heartworm, ear mites, sarcoptic mites, and American dog tick.
* Killing adult fleas and preventing flea eggs from hatching for one month, and indicated for prevention and control of flea infestations (Ctenocephalides felis).
* Prevention of heartworm disease caused by Dirofilaria immitis.
* Treatment and control of ear mite (Otodectes cynotis) infestations.
* Treatment and control of sarcoptic mange (Sarcoptes scabiei).
* Control of American dog tick (Dermacentor variabilis) infestations.
* Revolution is a prescription-only medicine, not a pesticide.
* Broad-spectrum protection against most internal and external parasites.
* Kills adult flea and their eggs.
* Fast, simple and easy to use.
* Because of the low-volume dosage size, the solution can be applied in one spot.
* Non-greasy, quick-drying preparation.
* Bathing pet 2 hours after application does not affect efficacy.
* Available in 6 convenient dosage sizes in no-drip disposable tubes.
Revolution for Dogs 20.1-40 lbs:
Active Ingredient (per single dose tube) Amount
Selamectin .............120 mg
Directions of use
* Hold tube upright.
* Press cap down until a click is heard (cap punctures applicator seal).
* Remove cap and check to be sure tip of tube is open.
* Part hair at base of neck and place tip of tube on visible skin area.
* Squeeze tube 3 or 4 times in one spot until empty. Keep tube squeezed to avoid drawing liquid back into tube. While keeping tube squeezed, drag it away from liquid and lift up to remove.
* Ensure tube is empty.
* The recommended minimum dose is 2.7 mg selamectin per pound (6 mg/kg) of body weight, applied according to the following tables.
* For dogs more than 130 pounds, the appropriate combination of color-coded tubes is used.
*Apply Revolution once a month on the same day of each month year round.
* Prior to administration, dogs should be tested for existing heartworm infections. At the discretion of the veterinarian, infected dogs should be treated to remove adult heartworms.
* While the number of circulating adult D. immitis microfilariae may decrease following treatment, Revolution is not effective for microfilariae clearance.
* In humans, may be irritating to skin and eyes.
* In studies, less than 1% of dogs experienced digestive upset.
* Do not use in sick, debilitated or underweight animals.
* Flammable. Keep away from heat, sparks or open flame.
* Keep out of reach of children.
* Federal law restricts this drug to use by or on the order of a licensed veterinarian.
Revolution (selamectin) is generally well-tolerated. In studies, less than 1% of dogs experienced digestive upset. Do not use in sick, weak or underweight animals.