It is approved for different indications in cats, dogs and ferrets. Advocate® is applied once a month on the skin on the back of the animal (“spot-on”) in one or several spots, depending on the animal’s body weight. The active ingredient against fleas and lice, imidacloprid, then distributes on the entire skin while the active against worms and mites, moxidectin, penetrates the skin and enters the blood stream.
Thus, advocate® provides convenient, continuous and broad protection against numerous parasites threatening wellbeing, health and, in some cases, even the life of pets.
Monthly spot-on application for easy use
Waterproof: remains effective even if the animal becomes wet
The efficacy of advocate® in prevention and treatment has been proven in numerous studies
Among all products indicated for dogs and cats, advocate® covers the broadest spectrum of internal and external parasites available
Monthly application of advocate® is building up a plateau of antiparasitic moxidectin for continuous and long-lasting protection against internal parasites.
Advocate® is well tolerated in Puppies of 7 weeks and older and Kittens of 9 weeks and older. Tolerated up to 5 times the recommended tube size with no serious safety concerns when applied every 2 weeks for 6 treatments.
How It Works
Advocate® combines the power of the two active ingredients imidacloprid and moxidectin, both well established antiparasiticides with proven efficacy.
1. Moxidectin penetrates through the skin, enters the bloodstream, and distributes in all organs. It acts systemically, targeting endoparasites and mites.
2. Imidacloprid spreads in the water resistant lipid layer of the skin’s surface and acts topically, targeting ectoparasites.
- Kills fleas on dogs and prevents infestations for at least weeks
- Kills fleas before they can lay eggs
- Kills flea larvae in the dog surroundings
- Assists in the control of flea allergy dermatitis in dogs
- Treatment of ear mite infestation (Otodectes cynotis), Sarcoptic mange (caused by sarcoptes scabiei var.canis) demodectic mange (caused by demodex canis)
- Treatment of biting lice infestation (Trichodectes canis)
- Prevention and treatment of spirocercosis (Spirocerca lupi).
- Prevention of heartworm disease (L3 and L4 larvae of Dirofilaria immitis)
- Treatment of infections and gastrointestinal nematodes including ascarids, hookworms and whipworms (L4 larvae, immature and adult stages of Toxocara canis, Ancylostoma caninum and Uncinaria stenocephala, adult stages of Toxascaris leonina and Trichuris vulpis)
Note - Do not use on cats
Imidacloprid 40 Mg
Moxidectin 10 Mg
Directions of use
Hold the pipette in an upright position, and twist to pull off the cap. Reverse the cap and use it to twist and remove the seal from the pipette.
For dogs up to 25kg:
With the dog in a standing position, part the coat between the shoulder blades until the skin is visible. Wherever possible apply to undamaged skin. Place the tip of the pipette on the skin and squeeze the pipette firmly several times to empty its content directly to the skin.
- 4kg or less - 0.4 ml tube per dog